Wednesday, January 6, 2016

When it Rains it Pours and When it Pours it Doesn't Stop and Oh No It's Still Going



Sydney is on its third-day-and-counting of torrential rain. Koalas are basically swimming in the streets (do not fact check this) and people (me) are becoming lethargic and disoriented.

Although long periods of wet weather are commonplace in Sydney, people here remain in genuine denial that anything but sunshine ever arrives in the beachy city. Case in point: The lack of restaurants with actual roofs. Most people are still walking around without coats, and no one seems to own a pair of galoshes.


The view from my office (wet)

By the numbers:
100: Milometers of rain received so far 
3: Number of times I've spoken to the mailman this week about "This Crazy Rain (When will it stop??)"
19° C: The temperature at which Australians feel it is "cold."
1: Epiphanies I've had this week wherein I realize I only get emotional about missing Boston while riding to work sleep-deprived on a bus driving through shitty weather
0: Pairs of waterproof shoes owned by me on this side of the world, because I'm a genius



No comments:

Post a Comment